After configuring OSPF, it is good practice to verify interfaces are correctly utilising OSPF. The command
show ip ospf interface is good for this.
The command can provide the following information:
- Interfaces with OSPF enabled
- The OSPF process ID associated with an interface
- The area that the interface is associated with
- The IP address and subnet mask for the interface
- The cost metric assigned to the interface that is used to calculate the path metric.
- The current interface state from an OSPF point of view: DR, BDR, DROTHER, LOOP or Down
- The number of OSPF routers that are fully adjacent
- The number of OSPF routers that are detected and are in a 2-way state