Cisco Talos is the threat intelligence organisation. A team of security experts who are supported by sophisticated security systems to c reate threat intelligence.
Cisco Talos threat intelligence detects, analyses and protects against known and emerging threats for Cisco products.
Cisco Talos is made up of three security research teams:
- IronPort Security Applications
- The Sourcefire Vulnerability Research Team
- The Cisco Threat Research, Analysis and Communications Team
Talos tracks threats across endpoints, networks, cloud environments, the web, and email to provide a comprehensive understanding of security threats and their root cause, plus scopes of any outbreaks.
Talos receives intelligence through various feeds:
- Advanced Microsoft and other industry disclosures
- Advanced Malware Protection Community
- ClamAV, Snort, Immunet, SpamCop, SenderBase, Threat Grid, and Talos User Communities
- Sourcefire Awareness, Education, Guidance, and Intelligence Sharing (AEGIS)
- Private and public threat feeds
- Dynamic analysis
All this feed data is used to create comprehensive threat intelligence that is fed into a wide range of security products to provide protection against an extensive range of threats.