The Cisco NFV solution provides an environment for the virtualisation of both network functions and applications in the enterprise branch.
Both Cisco and third-party VNFs can be onboarded.
Applications running in a Linux server or Windows server environment can be instantiated on top of NFVIS and supported by DNA centre.
Cisco supported VNFs are:
- Cisco Integrated Services Virtual Router for virtual routing
- Cisco Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance for a virtual firewall
- Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall for integrated firewall and instruction detection plus prevention
- Viptela vEdge
- Cisco virtual Wide Area Application Services for virtualied WAN optimisation
- Cisco virtual wireless LAN controllers for virtualised WLAN controllers
Some examples of third party VNFs are:
- Palo Alto
- Windows Server
- Linux Server